A new version of a popular Smart Countdown module is available.
Smart Countdown 3.0 is based on the idea of version 2.x but it was significantly refactored. Version 3.0 implements a number of new or improved features:
- Client script part was totally rewritten and now it doesn't depend on Mootools library, only jQuery is required.
- Completely new implementation of responsive behavior, now adapting to the template position the module is published to.
- Counter intervals can be now expressed in years, months and weeks - along with traditional days, hours, minutes and seconds.
- Simplified event import plugins interface (now designing this kind of plugins is much easier).
- Module live preview in Joomla administration interface.
- AJAX queries for counter events, now the module should work correctly on all sites that actively use page caching, no more need to exclude module position from caching.
- Smart Countdown 3.0 is compatible with Joomla 3.x only! For Joomla 2.5.x use version 2.5
- Animation profiles for Smart Countdown 2.5 are basically compatible with 3.0. If you have purchased additional animations earlier you can install them on Smart Countdown 3.0 after applying simple modifications
Read more about Smart Countdown 3.
Starting from version 1.2.2 Smart Subscriptions component is compatible with Joomla sites that use 3-d party registration and profile managers, e.g. "Community Builder". Smart Subscriptions is integrated into Joomla user registration and profile management, so that if another application completely replaces core Joomla registration and profile views and bypasses core users controllers, new user registrations go outside the scope of Smart Subscriptions.
This problem is partially solved in Smart Subscriptions versions 1.2.2 and later. Smart Subscriptions user plugin implements new settings: "Automatic free subscription" and "Hide profile fields". If "Automatic free subscription" is ON and there is a free Smart Subscriptions account configured, all newly registered users become a free subscription owners automatically after first login. Later they can upgrade to paid accounts, renew their subscriptions, etc.
Smart Subscriptions is a Joomla 3 component for subscriptions and membership management. It is integrated into Joomla registration and user profile and automatically adds users to user groups depending on the subscriptions they choose on registration or when they edit their Joomla profiles.
Both free and paid subscriptions are supported. Subscriptions can be life-time or have expiration dates. A number of global component settings that can be overrided on per-account basis define subscription upgrade and renewal rules and discounts.
Component administrator can configure subscription accounts and review, edit or delete supbscriptions and payments. Smart Subscriptions component implements online payment via payment plugins so new payment methods can be added.
Currently Smart Subscriptions is running in test mode on this site. A "free" test subscription was automatically assigned to all registered users on this site. If you have an account just log in, open your profile and change your subscription. If you don't have an account yet, you will be able to choose a subscription during registration.
All payment plugins on this site are setup in "sandbox" mode. No real payments will be done. All payment methods except "bank transfer" will activate the purchased subscription immediately. "Bank transfer" only creates a new record in payments database - site administrator (me) will activate your new subscription manually. You will receive email notifications on each change of your subscription's status.
Smart Subscriptions component supports English and Russian languages right out of the box. More languages can be easily added following standard Joomla translation pattern. Russian documentation is coming soon.
IMPORTANT: osTicky 2.2 is compatible with osTicket 1.9.4 or later. It will not work with earlier versions of osTicket.
A new version of osTicky is available for download. This version basically supports the latest osTicket 1.9.5 (there are known limitations, see osTicky v2.x Overview for details).
osTicky 2.2.x adds support for custom ticket statuses and numbers (new in 1.9.4). Current version is 2.2 (bug fixes, automatic updates implemented).
Your feedback is welcome.
IMPORTANT: osTicky 2.0.x is not compatible with osTicket 1.9.4 or later. Only osTicket 1.8.x - 1.9.3 versions are supported.
osTicky version 2.0 is based on the previous stable version (1.9.2) but was significantly rewritten in order to provide support for the latest osTicket version 1.8.2 - 1.9.3. Main changes in the new version are:
- Basic support of osTicket 1.8.x - 1.9.3, including user-definde forms, fields and lists
- Rich-text (HTML) thread messages and emails support
- Multiple file attachments per message/ticket (according to osTicket admin settings)
- Improved form interface - custom field placeholders, hints, selection prompts, etc., reading configuration from osTicket forms settings
- Custom fields values can be referenced in email templates when sending alerts and auto-responses
Some features were removed in version 2.0:
- No more compatibility with Joomla 2.5 and osTicket 1.6 - 1.7 (you can still use osTicky 1.9.2 for these environments)
- "Send tickets by email" option was removed. All tickets created using osTicky web form are written directly to osTicket database, the same way as it is done in original osTicket
There are some important limitations in osTicky. Please note:
- If you plan to use osTicket 1.8 plugins and/or modify osTicket core behavior there is no guarantee that it will not break the interaction with osTicky. It fully depends on the nature and functions of these plugins/mods.
- osTicky 2.0 uses database to store attachments, the same way original osTicket 1.7-1.8 does by default. If you install a plugin that changes the way the attachments are saved (e.g. to "file system") osTicky will continue saving and trying to read attachments from db tables, which will lead to unpredictable results
A working installation of osTicket 1.8 - 1.9 helpdesk system is required before osTicky 2.0 can be configured. You will need the following data in order to configure osTicky:
- osTicket database host
- osTicket database name
- osTicket database username
- osTicket database password
osTicky supports both external (a dedicated database) and internal (using Joomla database) locations. Although a dedicated database is the standard and recommended storage solution for osTicket, some hosting providers put limits on the number of databases per account (especially for free accounts). Installing osTicket to the same database where Joomla is installed will not increase the number of databases in use. On the other hand, external database should be accessible from the domain where Joomla (and naturally osTicky) is installed. This is not always as trivial as it seems to be. Many hosting providers do not allow database access from other domains (mostly for free accounts). Even if you set all connection parameters correctly, database access may fail if osTicket is located on another domain. Please, ask your hosting provider if you are having issues. Normally, if you use the same hosting account for both databases everything should work smoothly.
Demo tickets and help topics are being updated for the new osTicket 1.9 Stable. Currently the help topics described in this document may not work as expected.
A demo ticket is availbale at this link
This is a "login-by-ticket-number" kind of link, sent to the ticket author in "new ticket" autoresponse. In osTicket 1.9 this login method allows the user to view one ticket thread only. You can also create new tickets and after successful ticket submission you will see your recent ticket thread. This demo ticket was created using the developer's test email address, so you will not receive access link to your new ticket and will not be able to view its progress once logged out.
Another demo account actually has no tickets but you can use it to test ticket forms without providing your personal email. This is a Joomla account login link and it is not limited to single-ticket view.
Once logged in, you can select items in "osTicky 2.0" menu - "View Tickets" to view all tickets created by the demo user or "Create Ticket" to raise a new ticket. Please note, that when acting as a demo user you will do not recieve notifications and alerts on new tickets / messages / responses. If you like to see how these features work, you will have to create a ticket using your personal email.
There are topics created in osTicket that use custom forms. Check "osTicky 2.0 / Bug Report" or "osTicky 2.0 /Feature Request" topics to see these forms in action (no need to actualy send the ticket, you should see the effect right away when you change the topic selection from the list).
IMPORTANT: osTicky 2.0.x is not compatible with osTicket 1.9.4! If you are planning to use osTicky, please, download and install osTicket 1.9.3 or lower!
osTicky 2.0 is available for download. If you have osTicky 1.9.2 installed, it will not be affected (osTicky 2.0 uses a different component name), so you can test the new version of the component on the same Joomla site. Your feedback is welcome.
osTicky 2.0 implements automatic updates and minor version updates will be instantly available via Joomla automatic updates, so check for updates after you download and install osTicky.
Page 1 of 2